A simple guide to how to install and what are the most useful Seamonkey add-ons.
Silent Block – Seatab – Seamonkey Gray Modern – Sea Fox – Lightning – Provider For Google Calendar
The plug-ins can be downloaded directly from them.
Seamonkey browser is now based on the firefox engine to the latest version, so it’s a complete web browser that supports all the newest web specifications and is really lightweight.
It is convenient to upgrade to the new version as you will no longer have any incompatibility with all websites
Open a terminal and type the following commands one at a time by confirming.
- wget https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/2.49.4/contrib/seamonkey-2.49.4.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
- tar -xjvf seamonkey-2.49.4.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
- sudo rm -rf /opt/seamonkey
- sudo cp -r seamonkey /opt/seamonkey
- sudo ln -sf /opt/seamonkey/seamonkey /usr/bin/seamonkey
At the end you will find Seamonkey updated to the latest version with all the settings as you have left them.
If someone is missing their own translation language, they simply have to update it automatically via the language packs from here.